Saturday, April 21, 2007

Kids!!!

I'm on the verge of quitting babysitting the 10 "C" and 13 "N"year olds. I'm actually at the pint of issiung an ultimatium. This is what's gone on the past couple weeks to cause me to get to this point.

One Wednesday a couple weeks back I get Nand C off the bus from school. Everything goes fine at first. That is till they go outside, play, and I go to the bathroom. In the couple minutes I was in the bathroom they start to fight outide. N comes in gets the phone and calls his grandmother instead of getting me. That issue gets resolved.

Not 10 minutes later they are in the kitchen and I hear C yelling at N to get away from her. I go to find out whats going on and C says that N went to hit her with the Wiffle ball bat. N says he was playing with the dog. Whatever the deal...why does he have the bat in the house. Also C is on the counter away from him and the dog is away from him too. I tell N to give me the bat. He says "NO." I'm now in the middle of the kitchen and mad at him and the way he's talking to me (not new for him, but new for him to me). I look at C and tell her to go into the living room. I tell N to give me the bat again and he refuses so I take it from him and tell him to get in the office, and announce that noone is going out to play. He says he doesn't have to listen to me and walks outside. I've had it and call his grandfather. In the meantime their mom calls and I tell her what's going on. She gets there and picks up the kids.

It's now 3 days later and I have the kids for the night. N's already in a bad mood. I'm having a hard time as I'm dealing with the new's of my cousin's baby's loss. N and C's mom leaves for work. Not 5 minutes later N goes into C's room and get's her game system and brings it into her system. They start fighting over it. I try to end it with a couple options as I don't know what the rule is as to where it is supposed to be. Yet again N gets nasty with me. I call his mom to find out the rule and she says to take it out of both their rooms. Things escalate, N won't give it to me and his mom has to call N's grandfather. Thankfully the takes N for the night. In the meantime I get the game system by rtemoving his hand from it and and getting threatened by N.

Which brings us to tonight. Before I even get there tonight to watch the kids I get yelled at and N is off the wall. I'm in tears and an anxious stressed out wreck. I actually had to tell the kids grandmom that I couldn't handle it tonight. Between the kid being so wriled up, knowing I was going to be left with him in that kind of mood, and me being yelled at for no reason, I just couldn't take it. I was an emotional wreck. Which leads to my ultimatium. Either the kid goes back on his medication (which he needs) and striaghtens out his act, or I quit watching them.

No comments: