Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wow

I havent't talked to my biological mom in 4 years next month. I've had a lot of anger towards her. Way too much to get into here. You'd have to had known me along time to know all the anger. My anger is the reason that I took to calling her the "Egg Donor." Well today that all changes. She is no longer the "Egg Donor" but Mom. To keep from confusing people though here I'll be saying "Mom Debbie" so that you wont be getting confued between her and my step-mom (Mom). So, what happened?

A combonation of things got this ball rolling. A couple weeks ago I heard the song "Mother and Child Reunion." It got me thinking and over the past couple weeks getting back in touch with my Mom Debbie has been on my mind off and on (more on than off). Also somewhere in the past 48 hours my feelings softened incredibly. I think the death of my cousins baby had something to do with it.

SO today I had DBT. When we were reviewing one of the skills (we review 1 a week) the notion came into my head again. So when it came time for "Skills Coaching" where someone brings up a topic that they need help with I brought the topic up.

We spent a good amount of the group working on this and when we were done it ended up that I was going to do the pros and cons of a few different tactics. I was then going to meet with my therapist over what I came up with next week.

Well somewhere between this afternoon and evening that all changed. I did do the pros and cons in my head and decided to call my Mom Debbie. We spoke for about an hour. It went great. Then I called Nanny (Grandmother, I've called her Nanny ever since I was a toddler). That went great too. I'm happy about doing it and just wish I came to my senses earlier.

So, the "Egg Donor" is now "Mom Debbie"

No comments: