Friday, July 20, 2007

2007 Bat Season Has Officially Begun Here

Yep, it's late July, and bat season has started as of lass than 30 minutes ago. What am I rambling about? In case you don't know/remember about last year, I had several Bat adventures. Yes the winged creatures. They varied from me running down to my landlord and landlady for help, to very close encounters with bats such as having one land on me. So, A short time ago I'm sitting here on my bed, minding my business, surfing the net, when all of a sudden a bat flies from the hall into my room. Needless to say I'm startled (understating it a bit) when the creature comes back towards me and flies not 3 feet from me and Cliona. She runs into the Living Room while I scream. Somehow I manage to get out of bed, put shorts on and get downstairs. All while knowing it's rather late to be bugging my landlord and lady.

When I get to them I apologize about the time. They also know if I'm down to see them at this time of night it's gotta be something major (or winged). I then tell them I have an unwanted winged creature upstairs in my bedroom. THankfuly my landlord came up to handle it. Man are my landlord and lady great people. Especially to put up with a tennant coming to them a bit after 11 at night aver a bat.

2 comments:

Jane said...

We've only had a bat come in the house once - and I did a lot of screaming too! Luckily my husband and son were here and got it out.

Knitting Maude said...

I had 4 or 5 bat adventures here last year. all indoor. Thinking about it, that started about this time too. I always scream then laugh afterwards. THe best story was when it landed on me. You hade to know the whole background story though.