Saturday, July 07, 2007

TGIS after the Past couple Weeks

Sigh! I'm more for Saturdays than Fridays hence TGIS rather than TGIF. The past couple weeks have been non-stop. Heck last Sunday I thought it was Monday it was so non-stop. I've been out looking for a job with my employment specalist on Mondays. THankfully there was no group a week ago Tuesday. I did watch the shop that night though. THe next day was a marathon meeting day.

My friends and I are working on a new Self-Injury Awareness project. THe first meeting regarding that was a week ago Wednesday. It was me, 2 friends, a very nice woman who contacted me through my website, and a staff member form the LMHA. We came up with quite the list of things to do and people to contact for support. Right after that was the CAB meeting where we had a training. You can throw in a media training the next day as well as watching the shop again at night. Friday there was something that I can't remember as well as family visiting.

Saturday was the usual Stitch n Bitch. Then housework and laundry as my place was a mess and i had no clothes. Needless to say I needed SUnday to sleep once I figured out what day it was to prepare for this week.

Monday was more of the same for Mondays. I had enough to do for the week that I needed to get out of my usual Tuesdays so I could go grocery shopping with my friends and run more errands. Remember having no car makes errands take longer. Also the city was having it's 4th of July festivities that day so I stopped at the marina to see how my firends were doing at their table. You can throw in going to the fireworks that night.

My neighbor was nice enough to invite me to go along with him (no romantic prospects) to the movies on the 4th. We saw Pirates of the Carribean 3 at the Providence place Mall. Hence me discovering the hand dryers in the rpevious post. Yesterday involved me walking all over town in flip flios and 90 degrees out between appointments and errands when the bus wasn't nearby or expected soon. I was going for 6 hours.

I was more than happy for this morning and an extended knitting group. Also a quieter week this upcoming week. Phew!

No comments: