Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Well, this time next month I'll have been discharged from the Local Mental Health Authority (LMHA) most likely. My therapist is starting the paperwork today or tomorrow. It's a bitersweet happening. I'll still have a prescriber for my meds and a therapist. I'll aso still have my RH case manager.

Still though. SMHA (the LMHA) is the place that has had me the longest. THey've been where I've gotten my DBT group, meds, and therapy. Without them I don't know where I'd be right now. Six years ago I started a downward spiral with my mental health. They're the ones that caught me and kept me from falling through the cracks.

THat's why it's so bittersweet for me to be leaving. It means I'm doing well. I don't need that intensive of a level of care. Honestly haven't needed that level for a while. They've been holding on to me though. It's hard though because it means I'm leaving those that know me best. They know my warning signs for a crisis as well as if not better than me. I'm going to have to break new providers in. Once I leave it also means I can't have my therapist again. That's all going to be tough. That's life though.

Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to deal. This will definitley put my skill to the test.

No comments: